What is Involved?
There are 2 stages for your claim, and the following associated fees:
Stage 1 - Pre-action & Issuing Proceedings - £400 - £600 plus VAT depending on complexity, the level the claim reaches and whether the debtor engages in the process. A clearer cost estimate will be given at the outset.
This stage involves:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 7 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Stage 2 - Enforcement - £150 - £300 + VAT
- Reviewing the file to ascertain best enforcement option
- Instructing High Court Enforcement Officer, if applicable
- Disbursements include a £66 transfer up fee required for the Writ/Warrant. The High Court Enforcement Officer’s fees will be added to the debt and recovered as part of the enforcement process. However, an abortive fee of £75 plus VAT will be payable to the High Court Enforcement Group where a debtor does not engage or settles directly.
I strive to achieve my clients’ goals with a frank and honest approach